Dictionary.com has several definitions of “empty”.
1) containing nothing. The milk jug is empty.
2) without cargo. The train which is traveling from California is empty.
3) destitute of people. The streets of New Orleans were empty in the wee hours of morning.
4) to discharge. Please empty the trash when you leave.
5) vacant. The rental house is now empty.
We tend to look at “empty” as a negative thing. We may be empty of energy. The truck gas tank may be empty of fuel. The compliments from a coworker may be empty of sincerity.
But sometimes we have to see “empty” before we see “full”. The tomb was empty. That meant Christ arose…..from the dead! Now we can be full of the Holy Spirit.
Are you a glass-half-empty kind of person and only see the negative? If you look a little closer, there is encouragement in empty. It means you have an opportunity to be full.
Praise God for showing us the Empty tomb so that we can be filled with Encouragement in Him. Are you feeling empty today? Turn your focus on Jesus. Say His name over and over again and you will be filled from empty to overflowing with His encouraging love.
Psalm 55:22 – Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you.
I hope you have a beautiful day where you can empty yourself of your worries and find encouragement in Jesus!