February 9-15 is Random Acts of Kindness Week. How fun it would be to do something for someone each day during that WEEK! But what if we challenge ourselves to do something kind for someone every day for the whole MONTH of February?
There are many special days in the month of February like Abraham Lincoln’s birthday, George Washington’s birthday, Valentine’s Day, Random Acts of Kindness week, and Groundhog Day – just to name a few. And besides that – it’s a short month. So come on – hop on board……..it will be fun!
Here are some ideas:
1) Make a casserole for a busy friend
2) Offer to keep a friend’s children so she can go out
3) Buy a stressed out friend a gift certificate for a pedicure or manicure
4) Send a college student a gift card for McDonalds or Starbucks
5) Send flowers to someone just because – brighten their day
6) Send a card to a friend to tell them how special they are to you
7) Make soup for a neighbor
8) Make dessert for a special person at work
9) Send a Valentine card to your parents or children
10) Donate books to children’s hospital
11) Donate food to food bank
12) Volunteer at soup kitchen
13) Make your spouse’s favorite dessert for him/her
14) Call an old friend and just talk
15) Stop and visit someone – no time restraints
The gift of time and thoughtfulness is what Random Acts of Kindness is all about. We can all find a little of each of these to make a difference to someone each day. If you decide to do random acts of kindness this month, send me a message and let me know what you did. I am always encouraged by other’s kindness acts. Happy February!!