It’s Thanksgiving and wow……did this pandemic change our year of 2020!
Are you having gatherings at your house this year?
Has Covid put a halt to Thanksgiving celebrations as you know it?
What can you do to get over the “unsettledness” of this year perhaps being different in your celebrations?
Well I am here to tell you that you can celebrate BIG whether it is just you or just you and your spouse or just you and those that live with you or if you are having a gathering as you have always had in the past.
The key is to “serve”. Yes, look at this day as a day to serve others and to serve yourself! Make everyone feel special!
Here are some tips:
1) Use the good dishes. What are you saving them for?
2) Pull out cloth napkins and matching silverware.
3) Drink from your favorite glass. I think we all have one that we love.
4) Soak in the tub for an hour to relax and focus on self-care.
5) Make your favorite dessert….and eat as much of it as you want.
6) Put notes at each place setting – whether it’s just you and your spouse or your kids or a whole gathering of people – telling them why you are thankful for them.
7) Get a white tablecloth or sheet and colored Sharpie markers and have everyone write on the cloth what they are thankful for. Bring it out each year. (Don’t forget to put cardboard under it just in case the markers bleed through).
8) Send out cards to those you can’t be with to tell them how much you are going to miss them.
9) Send a fall floral arrangement to someone you wish could be with you for Thanksgiving reminding them that you are together in spirit.
10) Serve. Find ways to serve others this upcoming week whether it’s a treat to the mailman, some cookies to the local fire or police station, coffee to the neighbor, a foot massage to your spouse, doing a chore for your kids, or delivering gift cards to the local women’s shelter.
Yes Thanksgiving will be different this year but that doesn’t mean the spirit of Thanksgiving can’t be expressed in bigger and bolder ways than ever before. We will not let Covid steal our joy!
Let me know how you plan to celebrate. I hope you can use some of the tips above and make it a joyful celebration!!